Monday, June 9, 2014

"I've got this"

Nevaeh recently turned the big "4", and my mind is still reeling with the thoughts of it. Ever since she turned three, she has been like a teenager, and continues to act like one more and more. This, I was not remotely prepared for. I now have to have legitimate reasons, arguments, and facts to answer ALL of the Whys?, What's?, and How comes?, not to mention trying to maintain the patience of Job. "Because I said so" is no longer an option. Nevaeh truly keeps me on my toes in every sense of the word.
 
To celebrate her big day, we went down the road of renting a bouncy house. After much praying for good weather amid the storms, the sun came out to make a beautiful day, and no child got blown away inside of the birthday cake bouncy house. It was a joyful celebration, and according to Nevaeh "This is the best birthday ever!!" Nothing makes my heart sing, than to know I have made some good memories for Nevaeh to keep.
 
 



 
 
 
 
Dear Nevaeh,
You are now four, and I feel like I have just blinked as the time flew away. This has been a fun year filled with firsts, like singing in kids choir and taking dance classes. You are an incredible little lady, and you never cease to amaze your daddy and I. Your compassionate heart runneth over if someone is hurt or in need. Your independence, fierce determination, curiosity, and logic constantly keep me on my toes and guessing. I have never met a child who was so adamant about using a fork to eat, even when its just toast. The sharpness of your memory blows me away as you remember the minutest of details for months. I am still giggling over the times that you remember the shoes people wore when they first met you, and not caring about the clothes they were wearing, their hair color, or what they said to you. I love that you still love to help wash dishes, dust, and wipe things off with the Clorox wipes, even though I sometimes lack the patience to let you help.
    However, what I love most about you is the overflow of your heart. I love the way that you love Jesus, and that you find so much joy in all forms of worship. I am humbled and blessed to witness how easy and fun tithing is and that you always give over and above the expected. The sparkle of your eyes as you repeat your monthly Bible verses all by yourself, make my heart melt. Also, my joy runneth over when you sing at the top of your lungs in public, the hymns that we learn each night before bed. Finally, I love that even in the worst of times you always remind me that you are not just my sweet pea or pumpkin pie but that you are Our Gift and Our Miracle. You have so many gifts and strengths, and we can only wait to see what amazing things that God is going to do with you. We love you so very much, Miss Nevaeh.
Love Mommy and Daddy










 

No comments:

Post a Comment