Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy Happy 2013!!! I am so excited to start this blog as something new even if no one else follows it. Maybe I can bless someone or at least look back on my life and learn from all of my trials. Regardless, it is my prayer that this year be an amazing one filled with miracles and new milestones.

We started off the new year with a pretty quiet new years eve. We stayed home just the three of us and watched movies. After reading Facebook, it seems like everyone else was doing the same due to all of the illnesses going around. I am so glad to hopefully be passed all of it. Anyway, surprisingly Nevaeh made it all the way to midnight with us. We were watching Dick Clark's rocking eve, and she was dancing with Psy doing "gangnam style". Oh how I wish that my eyes coul record all that it sees with Nevaeh growing up. Then she made my day saying that I (aka Mommy) looked like the blonde Justin Bieber dancer. We had her watch the ball drop while she stood in between the both of us, holding her cup of sprakling cider. The scene brought tears to my eyes as I watched in take it all in in amazement. To top off a great night, she then falls down some of the stairs and hits her head, scaring her daddy and I to death. Oh well, she is still alive and still a firecracker this morning. Why is it that no matter how late you put the kids to bed, they still wake up at the same time or earlier than normal?
                                                                                                                                                                  


 


 


 
 

 
 
Today was still quiet but good. I always love having my grandparents around even when all we do is eat and watch football with an occasional card game thrown in. I have stuffed myself silly with awesome food, including a new seafood dip that I made up. Pretty sure its going to become a staple for get-togethers. Anyway, one thing that does dampen my day is the dread of all of the dieting talk that is going to come out in ALL social circles. I know that I should probably join in, but it literally angers me. I have been given a second, third, fourth chance at life, and I don't believe that God would want me to waste the enjoyment of life, making myself crazy over calories, points or excercising. I need to enjoy every second I have and not be afraid to go out and be with friends. Therefore, This year I will aim to take things more in moderation and focus just on living. So to conclude, Happy New Year to all of those I call friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment