Saturday, April 27, 2013

Countdown to 3 Part 3&4

I didn't get to post anything yesterday because we were visiting family and Nevaeh got sick. I'm so blessed to have an understanding family who helps me out when my child pukes in their driveway. Anyway, I will write about two unique characteristics of my beloved Nevaeh.

I haven't quite figured out what are her most prominent love languages but I am pretty sure that physical touch is topping the list. Nothing turns my day around like the exuberant greetings from my daughter. Whenever someone in our family walks through the door, whether its me coming home from running errands or my parents and hubby coming home from work, she lets out the loudest shriek possible and takes a flying leap into our arms. She puts a squeeze on your neck that would rival professional wrestlers, and wont let go as we walk through the house together. No matter what type of day it has been, it is worth it for those loving hugs she gives so freely to all.

On a different note, I love that my daughter finds joy in cleaning. I pray that this will also be ingrained with her, but I will see after the teenage years. Washing dishes brings her such imaginable joy. You even step to the sink, and she has her little chair pulled up next to you ready to get her hands wet and soapy. I must admit, I don't often let her help when I am trying to hurry up because as most toddlers do when water is involved is get supremely messy. Yet, when time permits she will scrub those dishes till the surface is scrubbed off and her hands are prunes. She also LOVES clorox wipes to wipe off every surface and window that she can reach. Sometimes when I just need to finish something up, i hand her a wipe and let her go to town with it. This is just another aspect of the incredible servants heart that I am pleased to be a front row witness too.

1 comment:

  1. I so love reading your blog! What a joy a child can be.

    ReplyDelete