Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Countdown to 3

Today marks one month till my baby girl turns 3. I can't believe where the time has gone. They say the days are long but the years go by fast and how true that is with little ones. I know that i tend to forget all the miracles that are encompassed in my toddler, as i trudge through the constant battles of parenting a toddler. So I am going to write one thing a day until her bday about the things I treasure about her.

My daughter is so spirited its hard to pick my favorite thing about her. However, yesterday and today I was blessed to witness what an incredible heart of compassion she has. When my parents each had a cut and scratch on their hands from working, my daughter's keen little eye was the first to notice. She ran and got a baby wipe to clean the wound, and then proceeded to kiss it. It is Proven fact in our house that kisses make everything better. Anyway, she kept cleaning their hands while whispering soothing words over them like "oooh it will be ok. Ill make it better ok?" At that moment nothing could take her mind off the task at hand at making someone else better. Watching this blessed my heart not only as a mother and nurse but also as a believer in Jesus. She demonstrated Christ's love to us without any prodding from anyone just her own intuition. How humbled am I to be served by her. I pray that someday she will feel the same blessing while watching my life played out.

One Blessed Momma







No comments:

Post a Comment