Monday, April 29, 2013

Countdown to 3 Part 5&6

Another double duty post today, what can I say but that I'm a mom.

My daughter is a beautiful mirror image of my husband. Sometimes I think that it is a good thing that I actually gave birth because I wonder where my DNA contributions come in. One thing, though, that I have noticed over time is Nevaeh's open and friendly heart. Strangers become instant friends after an initial meeting. Their names are a constant topic of conversation for the next week with the label "my friend" so and so.... This love of people is truly a God-given gift, and one that I know very well. Even though it comes with an increased vulnerability to getting hurt, it can also enrich her life in a million different ways. I am so excited to see what kind of faith community will result from this love of people.

Now from the inner person to her outer appearance, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Nevaeh's hair. It is so curly and soft. This may sound crazy or shallow to some people, but it's still a part of her that I adore. I have always wanted curly hair. I got perms through the last part of high school and all through college. My hair was always so heavy it was stick straight without any help. When I went through chemo, it was a prayer that a silver lining would be that it would grow back in curly. Praise the Lord it did. While I was also praying for a healthy baby during chemo, I did send up a wish that she would have curly hair too, and she does!! When its in pigtails and her hair forms ringlets around her face, she is an absolute angel, and my heart melts again at what a miracle she is. This is just one of the little things that make up the incredible person she is that I am so grateful for.



No comments:

Post a Comment