Monday, May 6, 2013

Countdown to 3 Part 11 & 12

Seriously, where did the weekend go? I think I might have been ambitious with an everyday blog but regardless I WILL have a months worth of Nevaehisms :).

As a parent, we all try to relate to our kids and connect our stories with them. We always say "Well, when I was your age...." and so forth. I think my meaning of the those stories was a little misconstrued because to Nevaeh, everything that has happened to her happened when she was a little girl. Even if the event occurred earlier that same day, she will tell the story as "when I was a lil girl, I just ate lunch" or whatever. It is so funny how the concept of actual time is such  mystery to them but she still relishes each event as something praiseworthy to tell.

 
 
 
On a heavier note, my biggest fear as a parent is that I am going to mess her up. I fear that I will not show her enough of who God is and how great He is. I am constantly reminding myself that it is His grace that covers a multitude of shortcomings and not my own doings. I just do the best I can and leave her in His hands. Thankfully, God is good and sometimes gives me a little insight into the work going on inside my baby girl. Every night as we tuck her in and I have prayed over her, she wants me to sing a song. Let's be honest, me singing out loud is not a treasure for most peoples eardrums. Regardless, the song we sing every night is "Jesus Loves the Little Children". Even if it has been a frustrating evening leading up to this point, singing that sweet song calms all of our spirits. My daughter could choose any of the little kids songs or even a song we sing in spanish class, but she immediately goes for the golden oldie. A song that shows us God, straight to the point. How wonderful to be reminded by my little girl each day that we are all precious.
 
 
Another day of being one Blessed Momma
 


1 comment:

  1. Yes, and when they become teenagers you will find yourself saying, "If I had done that, your grandma and grandpa would have grounded me forever." Yeah, sure they think... because in your kid's minds, they think Grandma and Grandpa are the best in the world and never had to be parents. :)
    You are one blessed Momma, Lindsay, and so is your beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete