Thursday, May 16, 2013

Countdown to 3 Part 23

Short and sweet...

Kids do say the darnedest things. Here is to more Nevaehisms...

Nevaeh was doing some acts of service for her great grandparents, and she worked her little heart out. As a reward, she was given a little bit of money. One of the coins she received was a quarter. When asked who was on the quarter, she answered " Mr. Washing Machine".

Every morning after waking up she states, "Mommy I want some breksticks" (aka breakfast). Let me tell you at this point she will not budge on the pronunciation.

Butterscotch pudding is better known as butter cotch. I thought she was saying something else the first time she said it. It still makes me laugh and sometimes I bring it up just so I can hear her sweet voice mispronouncing it.

I've tried to incorporate some love and logic principles into my parenting, mainly the part about giving choices. When she is about to have a meltdown, I try to distract with some choices and I always insert "How about that?". Now when Nevaeh is trying to get permission to watch a movie when I am watching my show, she will say "After your show, I can watch this movie. How bout dat?"
It is funny and unnerving watching myself coming out in her.

These things may only be funny to my mothers heart, but boy do they spice up my life. Now that it is in writing, I can bring these back up at special milestones in her life, say maybe meeting a new boyfriend? Oh what joy she brings me.

 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like baby girl has a mind of her own :)
    and she wants to say things how she wants. Sounds like she is trying to give her Mama choices too :).
    You are right, Lindsay, the joys of parenting are endless.
    My son is 33 years old. I am so glad that I got to be a stay home mom and enjoy those years with him. I have so many sayings he repeated and visions of him in my heart that I will carry with me forever. Enjoy your baby girl :)

    ReplyDelete