Monday, May 13, 2013

Countdown to 3 Part 20

Probably the second best thing about any holiday or family feast is the LEFTOVERS!!! The best thing about spring/summer festivities is the fresh fruit. Lucky for us, our leftovers were a bounty of amazing strawberries to munch on today. As with most kids, strawberries were on top of Nevaeh's list of things to eat all day long. So, today Nevaeh had a few small bowls of the delicious fruit. Of course being the anal mom that I am, I cut those berries into minuscule pieces. Then while eating, Nevaeh holds up the middle slice of a berry and tells me "Mom, this strawberry looks like headphones." I still don't know what to say to that. I'm pretty sure I just guffawed. What an imagination my child has? I love that about her. I love the fact that I never really know what is going to come out of her mouth. I love that she can hear something one time, and it will appear in many conversations in the weeks to come. I love that she can make me laugh at the most random times. I also love that she continually stumps me for answers. I think her imagination is truly a God-given gift, and one that will light up the lives of all who will cross her path.


 
The renowned headphones
 
 
The Everyday Silliness

1 comment:

  1. Through a child's eyes. We must always try to look at the perspective through a child's eyes.

    ReplyDelete