Friday, May 3, 2013

Countdown to 3 Part 9 &10

Its another double header today. I guess I am not June Cleaver.....

I was sitting in front of my computer thinking about the lovely things of Nevaeh that I have already written and those that are on my list yet to write. I was reminded of the one thing that always gave me the biggest kick. It was Nevaeh's love of flatware. I have never before seen a toddler use forks and spoons like my daughter. As soon as she was eating by herself, there were no finger foods except if it was like a cracker or fruit snack. Plus, she used them appropriately which baffled me to no end. To this day, she is adamant that I cut up her breakfast toast, and then she eats it with a fork. She even eats her sandwhiches with a fork. To top it off, now that she knows there is a difference between big people flatware and little kids, she is very particular as to which piece we use when. Oh the little things that make her day complete.

 
 

One thing that I have always so desperately wanted and prayed for is that I would be able to raise a good girl. A girl that is well mannered, kind, generous, respectful and most importantly a lover of Christ. Manners have been something we have worked on from the start. When she started eating snacks and moving around on her own, we taught her the sign language for "please" and "thank you" or something close to it anyway. The one thing we didn't have to teach her was to cross her legs. I honestly think she came out of the womb that way. To this day when sitting on the couch or chairs regardless of what she is doing her legs are usually crossed neatly at the ankles. Sometimes when she is the mood to emulate adults, she will cross her legs at the knee with her hands on top. She looks just like a little lady. I couldn't be more proud. Now if only the other things would be so easy:):)


 



1 comment:

  1. Lindsay, you and Clay are terrific parents. Your baby girl is so lucky to have you both and vice versa. Stay proud. Hold that head up and keep teaching. I love reading your updates. Janice Hoover

    ReplyDelete