Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Countdown to 3 Part 14

Every parent is well versed in the world of crayons. Its one of the first gifts given to a toddler, and another added worry of where their marks are going to end up besides on the paper. Well for my daughter, she has inherited from me an indescribable love of office supplies. This is truly genetic passed down from my own mother. Anyway, Nevaeh has always loved her crayons and scribbling all over her color books, but more than that she loves pens and pencils. When she was just one year old she discovered that adults used more interesting utensils. She especially knew that her Opa had special pencils for his daily crossword puzzles and those were the ones that she would like to have... and she does. Seriously, we can literally throw any scrap of paper or junk mail at her, and give her an adult pen and she thinks she is as big as buddy. She imitates making lists and writing messages on her "facebook" aka notebook. What is even more endearing and astounding is how correctly she held the pencil the very first time we gave them to her. If she keeps this up her penmanship will greatly exceed my own. Now, I know that I am biased, but I think I have one smart cookie on my hand. It will be super exciting to see where her strengths and creativities lie as she dives into academia. Though I do not wish for time to speed up any more, I look ahead and think that my hubby might be in trouble as Nevaeh enters kindergarten. Can you say Back to School shopping?


1 comment: