Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Countdown to 3 Part 28 & 29

The downhill stretch....

I love that kids think they know everything but live in a state of constant mind changing. Nevaeh is one of the most opinionated kids that I know. At the same time, she is super easy to please. You can call anything a prize, and she starts to smile and grab for it. One thing I love about her sweet spirit is that whenever she discovers something new or finds something that had been lost, she wraps it in a huge hug, purses her lips, and states "It's my favorite. It's so cute" in the softest little coo ever. It brightens my day knowing she can find so much joy in her little life.  She even says that I'm her favorite mom. I guess its a great thing that I am her only one:)

 
 
 
In our house, nothing can turn off whines like the promise of ...BUBBLES!!! Thank goodness for the invention of soap to create such a magical toy. We have a bubble machine that sends a continuous stream of bubbles into the air, and extracts the loudest giggles from my daughter. What a joy it is to watch her race around the yard trying to catch the biggest bubbles and to make sure all are adequately popped. Bubbles are such a mystery. They are fragile domes of air, yet they invoke the most intense curiosity and feelings of joy. I love that this simple thing lights up my daughter's life. I hope that I too can find such deep bliss in the simple everyday things.
 
 
                                                             
 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean by finding pleasure in the simplicity of life. As my mom always said, "A child leads the way." I find that is true, Lindsay, the older I get. Enjoy your baby girl and keep those treasures of her in your heart alway.

    ReplyDelete