Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Countdown to 3 Part 21 & 22

Back to double duty today:)...

My daughter is one of those kids that if you find just the right trigger, she can be focused for a long time on that one thing, never wavering from it. Giving Massages is one of those things. My daughter adores being able to get grandma's special foot lotion (and yes she knows exactly which bottle it is among the hundreds:)) and rubbing grandma's feet and then whoever else wants one. She is so funny because she gets the lotion and puts in on the feet and after a few seconds is back to get more and more and more lotion. She gets so much lotion our skin becomes a new shade of white. We have to eventually tell her to spread the love and try to get some of that lotion up on the legs so we aren't quite as goopy. She loves to massage and would do it all day if she could. Its so cute to watch her tiny hands lovingly caress our tired feet. What is even more spectacular is she knows that massages always make people feel better, and she is willing to do what she can to make that happen. I'm thinking this could be a great career for all of us involved.


One thing about my daughter is that she is the perfect complement to my life. Unbeknown to her, she lifts me up and bolsters my spirit in so many ways. She has no idea that I battle with low self-esteem and relish validation for most everything. Yet, at the most random times, usually when watching tv and cuddling, she will just say out of the blue "Mommy you're da best" and "I love you so much". I love being told how great I am to her. It always brings on a stronger resolve to do and be better. She also compliments me in the kitchen. We will be in the middle of dinner she will look over to me and say "Mommy you're a great cooker" all with a big smile on her food covered face. It's so sweet that her being sweet comes so naturally to her. God definitely knew what He was doing when he brought us together.




2 comments:

  1. Yes, God had a plan for you and your beautiful baby girlwhen he brought you two together. I think we all suffer low self esteem to some point, and that is why it is always so nice when someone sends a compliment your way. It does bolster and uplift your spirit. As my mother always said, "A little child leads the way." Your baby girl is leading you and vice versa. Till next time.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay,

    Your sweet little girl is just like her mommy. Just ask your grandma. She'll agree with me. Also, sooo happy to hear the good report. God is good all the time! Love & blessings,
    Carole Shellhaas

    ReplyDelete