Thursday, May 9, 2013

Countdown to 3 Part 16

My daughter has literally been the best sleeper. She was sleeping through the night at just a few months old, and she would sleep for 10-12 hrs every night even with a nap. Although we have gone through a few months here and there with midnight screams, its mostly been a piece of cake. I am NOT  a morning person in any sense of the word. Mornings should not even begin until at least 8am, just sayin'. My daughter, however, faces the morning with the same passion as everything else in her life... at full blast. I no longer need an alarm because my darling will get me up consistently between 6 and 6:30 every morning without fail. What makes mornings bearable is waking up to her sweet voice saying"Mommy I woke up. Can I get up?" After giving her permission to get out of bed, she comes running into my room with an ear to ear grin telling me again that she woke up. If it's really a good day, she will snuggle up with me for a few more minutes of rest before we hit the ground running. It is quoted that "A child's smile is one of life's greatest blessings". Author Unknown. How true that is, and I must say my daughter has an incredible smile that truly lights up my life. Its also is the leash that drags my tired body out of bed :). Her smile is the epitome of all that is good in my life.


 

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay, I know what you mean. Kids usually wake up bright eyed and cheery, while we adults are grasping for more sleep. Now, that I am older and can sleep in, I wonder, how in the world did I ever do without sleep :).

    ReplyDelete